Invisible Breakpoint at SetAccountInterface in OnlineSubsystem.uc

Jul 28, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Everytime I start the game, it breaks at this function on line 1037.  Is there a way I can disable this from happening, it doesn't affect the game, but it's annoyinnngg!

Thanks

Aug 3, 2012 at 5:59 AM
Edited Aug 3, 2012 at 6:01 AM

I've got the same problem. It Looks like a hard coded break statement. Are you using UDK-2012-05 too?

/**
 * Different modes for the DebugBreak() method.
 */
enum EDebugBreakType
{
	DEBUGGER_NativeOnly,

/** not yet implemented */
	DEBUGGER_ScriptOnly,
	/** not yet implemented */
	DEBUGGER_Both,
};

Going entirely on intuition here, but based on this enum from the Object Class and past experience it seems to me some one forgot to remove a DebugBreak() statement in the native layer. If my guts are right it's this version of the UDK, not Unreal Script IDE. 

Hopefully some one has a better source than my guts.

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Yes, I intentionally did it to show when debugging process starts.

I do not exactly remember but if you have break points somewhere in the code the debugger will not hit "initial break point"

Aug 5, 2012 at 5:39 AM

Unfortunately that does not seem to be true. Additionally the break point causes the solution explorer to expand down into Engine/Classes folder to highlight OnlineSubsystems.uc because the text editor is showing the file. This is a very obnoxious behavior.

Sep 4, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Yea this breakpoint hits regardless. Please turn that off, or add an option to turn it off or something.

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I'm using UDK-2012-05 and, as Armadous says, it happens. Does it happen for later UDK releases too?

May 3, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Edited May 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM
This anyonying breakpoint is not a bug!??? v.v Please delete it :)
May 6, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Well, it's a good thing for anyone who has no clue about the internal workings of the engine, since he can just follow it along every step from the beginning. I agree that it gets a little annoying after a while, though.