Some feedback - What I think should be added to this project

May 20, 2012 at 12:22 PM

First of all thanks for doing this project, it can be a nice alternative to the nfringe and other commercial stuff there is but its still far away from being chosen for production use by my studio. There are few things that uside is lacking.

Maybe I don't understand the isolated shell perfectly but what we need here is support of visual studio solutions and project. That's because we have few project running simultaneously both on UDK and UE3 it would be easier to just load solutions from different projects.

There is also the thing with missing filters support. Having them in project with thousands of classes is quite handy, don't you think?

Additionally I have noticed that when you start typing new line within a class there's no intellisense running and you have to start with self. to get the list of this class stuff.

May 20, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Completely agree, I'd say Projects and Solutions would be the most important thing this IDE is missing next to being an actual extension for Visual Studio 2010 so that we could use other extensions in a easier way to install.

Coordinator
May 20, 2012 at 6:59 PM

you can install extentions, I have shown an example in the documentation how to do it. (example with PowerToys for VS)

May 20, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Edited May 20, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Why would I need to install extensions to use standard visual studio functions?

EDIT: I believe eliotvanuytfanghe wanted to say that all we want is for uside to be just an extension not independent shell so it won't give us such problems

May 20, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Edited May 20, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Yes AlexDev but that's not what I meant, I meant that it would be easier if we didn't have to do that.

Coordinator
May 20, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I understand (originally I have written it for VS but many peaple do not want to buy VS)... I am not promising that it will be very soon but I will do it

May 20, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Sorry for my incompetence here but that means you can use isolated shell professionally for free without having VS license ? I don't think that is possible but I may be wrong. Anyway that'll be nice if You could make it as an extension for vs once again(still having the isolated shell version though for indie users).