Message for Unreal Script IDE users.

Coordinator
Mar 31, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Hi All.

FOA Thank you for choosing Unreal Script IDE.

I see very little feedback regarding bugs and other issues from users. This could mean that there is no bugs or no one is using Unreal Script IDE.

I would like to ask everyone who finds a bug/an issue to create a record in Issue Tracker. It is very important to see any feedback for future updates/improvments

Thank you

Best Regards

Unireal Script IDE Developer.

Apr 2, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Edited Apr 2, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Hi.

I am using it and I find it to be the best editor so far.  Perhaps you should request on the forum to stick the thread at the top of the programing forum inside UDK forum.

I only find 4 problems:

* Brackets problem that I already posted.

* It uses to much memory, comparing to the other editors. And it takes to long to start.

* There aren't an option to delete a file inside the editor.

* Missing a 64b version.

Also, how do I configure the editor to work with a new installation. I just install the new UDK version, and I moved all my files, but I am having problems in  making this editor to work with this new version.

Thanks for this.

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:20 PM

On the brackets issue.

When I use the block option for indenting, it just won't indent.  When I use the smart indenting, what actually gets duplicated is the first character in the line that you hit enter on.

for example, if I have this code,

function PostBeginPlay() {

then when I hit enter,

function PostBeginPlay() {
f

the first letter got duplicated.

Thanks for all the progress by the way.

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Edited Apr 2, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I got the same problem as techsonic :/

And it's not just with the brackets but pretty much everything.

Also like sorcerer said, you cannot delete files.

I'd also like to let you know that the IDE asks me to save the solution files everytime I close the IDE, quite annoying and shouldn't be happening!

Another thing I don't like is that it highlights the word Property which is an Object and shouldn't be highlighted as a keyword but as a Class.

For example this line is completely highlighted:

var string property;

Nonetheless great IDE :) I even use it on my UT2004 projects even though there is no support for the older UnrealScript, it's still partly working.

Coordinator
Apr 3, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Thank you Guys for feedback, I will address all this issues soon.  In next update you will have support for <class>.Default|Static|Const. intellisense support.  So when you type Defult.<...> it will show only properties specified in default clause (the same for .Const and .Static)

Coordinator
Apr 3, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I think I will put update tomorrow to the solve problem with smart indenting. (it will contains latest code with some bug fixes and improvements). and next update I will try to clean rest of the issues

Thank you Guys again

Coordinator
Apr 14, 2012 at 9:40 AM
xnasorcerer wrote:

* There aren't an option to delete a file inside the editor.

resolved in 0.0.28