Unreal Script IDE ETA 0.0.21 wont install

Dec 22, 2011 at 12:21 PM

I downloaded the newest version because I saw the comments said it was more stable with the debugger.  However when I try to install the new version it always says "%1 is not a valid Win32 application".  Is anyone else getting this? I've tried downloading it several times.

Coordinator
Dec 22, 2011 at 12:41 PM

I have checked the files, I can download and install it, try to clear your browser cache and download the installer again,

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:12 AM

I downloaded it to another PC and it installed.  I put that installer on a USB stick and copied it back to the first PC and tried to install it.  I got the same message, so this shows its something specific to this installer on this PC. I'll try again on your next build.  Can I get 0.0.20 from somewhere? (The only other installer I have is 0.0.17 and that works correctly).

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Hi, Could you check my last files (ver 0.0.21.1) if it solves your problem, if not, have a look here, maybe it will help http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812486

PS. I am not saving old versions ( I thought SVN did it, but as I can see SVN on this site is not saving EXE files)

Jan 26, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I've tried all the version up to the latest (0.0.24).  I went through that knowledge base article but the solution wants me to edit the registry for the defective service. I have no idea what that service would be in order to find it in the registry.

I extracted the contents of the .exe and ran setup.exe on its own, that reported that its not a valid win32 application.  I then ran the UDKDevKitVSXSetupShell.msi which asks all the questions about file locations and starts installing, then rolls back but doesn't report why it gave up.

It must be an issue with this PC but without a log file coming out of the installer I don't think I'll be able to diagnose it.

Coordinator
Jan 26, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Have you tried to use eventvwr.exe(Event Viewer) to check the installation service issue? 

Jan 26, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I hadn't looked until now, so I ran the installer and fired up the eventvwr.exe - There is nothing in there for the time that I ran the installer.

Jan 26, 2012 at 5:37 PM

What version of windows do you have?

Jan 27, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Windows XP Professional 32 Bit

Jan 27, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Edited Jan 28, 2012 at 2:21 AM

I've tried this with my VMWare Player with Windows XP Pro SP3. It gave me the same error. I will try to see if I can give more feedback about this problem.

Coordinator
Jan 28, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I will test it against WinXP 32bit.  

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Newest version (0.0.25) still wont install on XP