Major lag on some classes!

Dec 9, 2011 at 4:08 PM
Edited Dec 9, 2011 at 4:09 PM

So here's another one: I noticed the IDE starts to lag extremely bad on some huge classes such as UTPawn.uc and throws a non detailed exception along with it.

Dec 9, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Just noticed I posted this in Discussions instead of Issues sorry!

Coordinator
Dec 10, 2011 at 8:46 AM

I have opened UTPawn.uc and it has no lags at all. Where have you noticed the lag in the Editor or in the Debugger? (the lag may be in debugger because UDK sends a lot of variables information, I will have a look if I can speed it up)

Dec 12, 2011 at 6:42 PM

This seems to happen on smaller classes as well, in fact very small classes. I assume that this is caused by the parsing process.

FYI: I have posted a video of this issue in the replica of this in Issue Tracker.

Also while at it, I have noticed that the IDE is stuck on parsing AmbientOcclusionEffect.uc everytime I open the IDE, this clearly shows my IDE has been corrupted however uninstalling/reinstalling does not fix it, anyway to restart the parsing process?

Dec 12, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Another thing that I have noticed is that the classes it lags on have empty navigation lists, you know I mean the dropdowns at the top of the Text Editor.

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2011 at 8:49 AM

yes, it means that files can't be parsed and parser trying to parse it all the time which causes the lag. (It will be fixed in next update)