Create Project

Oct 28, 2011 at 9:09 PM

I am having problems trying to figure out where I start to create a project. I installed and all that jazz but I can't find in options where to link with UDK's src code. Where do I do this?

Also... can there be some sort of first time use setup at start?

Coordinator
Oct 30, 2011 at 8:23 AM

You do not need to create a new project. When you install the program you selecting a folder for UDK. this is the folder where the program reads the source from. Once you run the program it will create the project automatically.

make sure you selected the correct UDK folder (for example D:\UDK\UDK-2011-10\Binaries\Win32) and started the program from right path ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Mr O. Duzhar\Unreal Script IDE (UDKDevKit) VS 2010 Isolated Shell\UDKDevKitVSXShell.exe"). When you start the program you will see the image like on Home page - "Start Page"

Oct 30, 2011 at 8:30 AM

I must of screwed up on installation then. Where can I modify where it knows where my UDK binaries are?

It is Tools > Options > Projects and Solutions ?

Coordinator
Oct 30, 2011 at 8:59 AM
Edited Oct 30, 2011 at 9:01 AM

1) You need to uninstall the program

2) make sure you have installed UDK on your computer. let's say it is D:\UDK\UDK-2011-10

3) start a installating by running the program UnrealScriptIDEInstall.exe (if you have Visual Studio 2010 make sure the program installs Visual Studio Shell 2010 if not install it manually. read http://uside.codeplex.com/documentation - Troubleshooting 

4) next step - selected folder where you want to intall the Unreal Script IDE (usually it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Mr O. Duzhar\Unreal Script IDE (UDKDevKit) VS 2010 Isolated Shell\)

5) then you need to select UDK Win 32 Binaries folder - D:\UDK\UDK-2011-10\Binaries\Win32\ (this folder should conatain files UDK.exe)

6) finish installation

7) start Unreal IDE by using created shortcut on a Desktop, or run it from command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mr O. Duzhar\Unreal Script IDE (UDKDevKit) VS 2010 Isolated Shell\UDKDevKitVSXShell.exe"

8) it will take a bit. Then you will see the project ready for use.

PS. If you see the Unreal Script IDE - Start Page but the project is empty it means you have selected incorrect foldeer for UDK Binaries folder "D:\UDK\UDK-2011-10\Binaries\Win32\"  or you do not have folder  D:\UDK\UDK-2011-10\Development\Src\ 

Nov 1, 2011 at 7:38 AM
Edited Nov 1, 2011 at 8:19 AM

Ahhh, thanks for the help! Glad to see such fast responses! :]

Looking forward to the progress of this project!

Also... would win64 work just as well?

Coordinator
Nov 2, 2011 at 10:52 AM

I have not tested 64 bit version, I think I need to recompile it for 64bit to support it.